Things to know about Office Space in Gurgaon
Gurgaon has been buzzing with corporate activity and is host to a host of multinational organizations with either their head offices or brand offices in the city. The primary reasons for the interest of multinationals to have their offices in Gurgaon are:
- Close proximity to the Capital City of Delhi & being part of the National Capital Region.
- Close proximity to the IGI International Airport. This has been one of the primary reasons for the success of Gurgaon over Noida, as one of the prime criterions for multinational organizations to have an office is the proximity to an International Airport.
- Business Opportunity, considering that there are a host of other multinational organizations in the vicinity offering a tremendous growth opportunity.
- Aggressive Development of Modern Buildings. The city’s government and the private developers have not left any stone unturned to go all out in creating some of the finest buildings with modern amenities to support the influx of the multinational companies. Creating a business environment for success.
Office Spaces in Gurgaon:
There are primarily four segments that the Gurgaon Office Spaces are segregated into:
- Commercial Office Spaces: Commercial Spaces are free to use the premises for any kind of commercial activity and is completely restriction free from the type of work that the organization plans to conduct. These buildings are typically slightly more premium and expensive as they have no restrictions on the activity. Needless to mention that other factors like location, proximity and quality of building would play a role in the pricing.
- IT & ITES Spaces : With the sudden IT Boom, the government categorized a separate segment allowing developers to build a larger area on a specific plot of land, this was almost 1.5 times the normal construction allowed on a piece of land. The idea was to be able to provide slightly cheaper office spaces to boost the IT enabled organizations.
- Institutional Spaces: These spaces were specifically carved out as Research & Development locations and primarily constitute of Sector 44 & Sector 32 of Gurgaon.
- Industrial Spaces: Udyog Vihar that was initially the Industrial hub of Gurgaon with the Maruti Suzuki to it’s fame, later inclusion of IT as an industry, made home for a host of IT companies like TCS, IBM, Accenture, HCL and a host of other companies found a home at cheaper price points at Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon.